Everything is boring
Hello, readers! (are there even readers?)
I don't know what to say in this post. So, I sent my blog's link to my friend who created a blog/website for other creators. Yes, the friend whom I mentioned in the previous blog post. I am hoping he would share that link with other people and others who would read this blog! And then it would become so popular! Oh! what a great idea! (sarcasm intended if you guys are unable to understand it) This is not going to happen, I know. But a girl can dream, right? My blog becoming famous! Oh! What a dream:[ (I don't know enough to make emoticons from punctuation marks and symbols! But a sigh is intended.)
So, leaving behind all that, let's talk about what is happening in my life. Nothing exciting is happening, but I am sure, my life is pretty much boring, full of routine. Nothing like the life led by the Famous Five or the Mystery Series children. I am not even of their age! I am a late teen!
Oh! That reminds me of something that happened years ago. I was in class 6, age 12(I think so). And there were people around me in school, who were big fans of Enid Blyton's mystery stories like me. We were interested in mysteries. So, we decided to make a story on five children from the Mystery Series. There was a competition also as to who will write a better mystery story. It was girls vs boys. Me and my friend at that time, let's represent her as M, started to write about a murder which the children(in our story we made them teen/new adults) will be solving as they have gone to college. And there was the friend mentioned above, let's represent him as G, and with him was another friend at that time T. I think the judge was supposed to be our English teacher at that time. Or another set of our friends, perhaps. We were not great writers of fiction, but we were great at observing Enid Blyton's Mystery Series stories. We both thought and wrote about the story/novel. But, something else and studies and exams distracted us from our competition and which resulted in an incomplete story. And we never returned back to writing that story. It was incomplete and still is. I don't remember what happened with the boys-whether they even wrote it or not, I don't know. Our story was only 15% complete.
I was really not intending to write the above anecdote.
So, moving on with my lockdown life. I binge-watched Warrior Nun yesterday. It is a Netflix show related to the Church and its mysteries. It also incorporates the war between good and evil as well as the war between science and religion. Oh! The War, spanning generations from eternity! Which is the former one. The latter is when people began to realise that they could explain things in their environment other than with the help of God and His/Her tales. And between all of that, there is our protagonist, Ava, a quadriplegic and an orphan, who was a non-believer and was confirmed dead by the caretaker sisters in the orphanage when she became an adult (actually 18 years old, but at starting it shows the caretaker nun saying 19 years old to the morgue person). There is a sect Order of Cruciform Sword(OCS) which is a sect of nuns who fight against the demons coming to Earth. Warrior Nun is the leader of those demon-fighting nuns, bearing that Divine Halo at her back. This Divine Halo was given to the first Warrior Nun Aldrea by an angel named Adriel. When Ava is lying in the morgue, she gets that Halo by a nun while a fight was taking place there. Later on, she realises that not only is she alive and walking, but she also has superpowers. It is in the genre of fantasy, supernatural, and action. The show was interesting because the protagonist's age is close to my age, and trust me, I like that kind of shows.
So, I liked the show enough to binge-watch, but not to rewatch. It seemed drawn out and the protagonist's uncertainty was kind of getting into my nerves. But I liked that the protagonist was very much human. Despite disliking her for not choosing the role of Warrior Nun initially, I kind of empathizes with her at starting, when they show her back story. And I liked that. There was this person who is human with imperfections and flaws like any other perfectly walking person. Though it showed that she was walking perfectly.
You know, with our mindsets set in this thought process that the people who have faced so much distress and struggle in their life won't display any bad characteristics or traits, we forget to think that they are humans and not saints. They also have some negative characteristics, and this is evident in another Netflix show Sex Education{SPOILERS}where a person who is disabled, deletes some messages of the protagonist from the protagonist's love interest's phone and thus, delaying the pair to meet romantically. I was like WTH, but I did realise that that person did that act, thinking something in mind. Or just to extend the show's length.
So, in the show, the characters had their own story and there was the groundwork of building them up, specifically of Ava. And I am delighted that it is not shown that the protagonist automatically fights amazingly like other badass women in this show when she comes under Nuns' tutelage. Action scenes were okay. I had realised the twist at the end of the show, at the end of the first episode, but I was misled. The show ends in a cliffhanger, Nevertheless, it was a good show, despite me thinking, how did the main character go from one place to another? Was it because of her phasing power? And lots of that type of thoughts. Do comment below!
Other than that, I am learning Spanish and German. I am still at basics. So, yeah. The title is truly correct.
Yours Truly,
Anonymous_Indian_Girl
I think the first Warrior Nun's name was Althea and I am sorry for all the mistakes I have done here.
ReplyDelete